Course Duration : 4 Days
Red Hat Satellite 6 Administration
Students will use Red Hat Satellite to manage the software development life cycle of a subscribed host and its configuration, and learn how to provision hosts integrated with software and Puppet configuration management upon deployment. Students should have previous Red Hat Satellite experience, since the course will compare Red Hat Satellite 6 features and terminology with Red Hat Satellite 5.
Students in this course will acquire knowledge in the following areas:
- Install Red Hat Satellite 6 on a server.
- Red Hat Network organizations, locations, users and roles.
- Manage software with Red Hat Satellite environments and content views.
- Use Red Hat Satellite to configure hosts with Puppet.
- Provision hosts with integrated software and configuration management.
- Implement Metal-as-a-Service (MaaS) with Satellite discovery and provisioning of unprovisioned hosts.
- Senior Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administrators responsible for the management of multiple servers
- Red Hat Satellite installation
- Red Hat Satellite organization
- Red Hat Satellite client registrationRegister hosts to a Red Hat Satellite server, both interactively and automatically.
- Incorporate software management into software development life cycle
- Deploy custom software using Red Hat Satellite
- Configuration management with Puppet
- Centralized management and deployment of system configurations
- Deploy hosts with Satellite server
- Configuration of Satellite server for enterprise system deployment
- Red Hat Server Hardening (RH413)
- Red Hat Enterprise Clustering and Storage Management (RH436)
- Red Hat Enterprise Performance Tuning (RH442)
- Red Hat OpenStack Administration (CL210)
- Red Hat Enterprise Virtualisation (RH318)