Course Duration : 2 Days
Red Hat Storage Server Administration
Students will learn how to install, configure, and maintain a cluster of Red Hat Storage servers. The course will also explore highly available common Internet file systems (CIFS) and network file systems (NFS) using Clustered Trivial DataBase (CTDB), unified file and object storage, and geo-replication. Finally, students will learn about the Hadoop plugin for Red Hat Storage, snapshots, and geo-replication.
Students in this course will acquire knowledge in the following areas:
- Install and configure Red Hat Storage Server
- Create and manage different volume types
- Learn about IP failover for NFS and CIFS using CTDB
- Explore geo-replication
- Practice unified file and object storage using Swift
- Learn about snapshots
- Learn about the Hadoop plugin
- Linux system administrators and storage administrators interested in, or responsible for, maintaining large storage clusters using Red Hat Storage
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification or an equivalent level of knowledge is highly recommended
- Introduction to Red Hat StorageUnderstand Red Hat Storage server features and terminology.
- Explore the classroom environment.
- Installation Red Hat Storage Server.
- Basic configuration
- Volume types.
- ACLs and quotasImplement quotas and Posix access control lists.
- Extending volumesGrow storage volumes online.
- IP failover
- Unified file and object storageConfigure Swift object access.Troubleshooting
- Managing snapshots Red Hat Storage.
- Hadoop plugin
Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Hybrid Cloud Storage