Course Duration : 3 Days
VMware vCenter Operations Manager: Advanced Usage and Dashboard Design [V5.x]
• Identify the capabilities of adapters, their use cases, availability, and installation.
• Describe super metrics, attributes, attribute packages, and object tagging.
• Manage user access to the Custom UI of VMware vCenter Operations Manager.
• Work with smart alerts and custom alert notification.
• Use custom dashboards to build specific views for operations and application monitoring.
System administrators and consultants responsible for customizing vCenter Operations Manager to expand from the vSphere user interface to a customized environment
1 Course Introduction
• Introductions and course logistics
• Course objectives
2 vCenter Operations Manager Advanced Architecture
• Introduce vCenter Operations Manager architecture
• Explain sizing guidelines
• Describe vCenter Operations Manager availability and backup
3 Adapters for Data Collection
• Understand adapters
• Identify available adapters
• Install and configure adapters
• Troubleshoot adapters
4 Metrics and Super Metrics
• Understand metrics
• Configure and use super metrics
5 Applications, Attribute Packaging, KPIs, and Tags
• Introduce the application design concept in vCenter Operations Manager
• Configure and use attribute packages and KPIs
• Create tags and groups
• Introduce custom dashboards
• Manage widgets
• Manage interactions
• Manage templates
7 Smart Alerts and Custom Alerts
• Work with and troubleshoot alerts
• Configure alert notifications
8 User and Role Management
• Manage user and role permissions for the vSphere UI
• Manage user and group permissions for the Custom UI
• Identify the basic troubleshooting workflows
• Understand Self Info and self-monitoring of vCenter Operations Manager
• Examine the Support page in the Custom UI
VMware View Desktop Fast Track [v5.1]