Course Duration : 2 Days
VMware vCenter Operations Manager : Analyse and Predict [v5.8]
• Understand major and minor badges and their underlying metrics.
• Use these badges to find the root causes of common operational issues in a vSphere environment.
• Perform capacity management and what-if analyses.
• Use the Operations tab, the Planning tab, the Alerts tab, the Analysis tab, and the Reports tab.
• Navigate the vCenter Operations Manager 5.0 user interface.
• Use heat maps and create a custom heat map.
• Use smart alerts to detect system issues.
• Articulate the use case for the new policy structure in vCenter Operations Manager and how it can be used
to define configuration settings for objects in a vSphere environment.
• Work with groups to classify virtual objects in logical and business-related structures and how to apply
them to policies.
• Define new use cases based on the optimized integration with VMware® vCenter™ Operations
Management Suite™ products like VMware® vCenter Configuration Manager™,
VMware® vFabric™ Hyperic®, VMware® vCenter™ Infrastructure Navigator™, and other adapters.
Experienced system administrators and system integrators
- Course Introduction
- Introductions and course logistics
- Course objectives
- Introduction to VMware vCenter Operations Management Suite
- Understand the role of operations management in the cloud era
- Understand the vCenter Operations Management Suite and its packaging
- Architecture and Concepts
- Understand the data collection methodology of the vCenter Operations Manager architecture
- Learn how vCenter Operations Manager collects data
- Master the main components of the dashboard view
- Navigate the objects tree and understand the badge pane
- Working with Dashboards and Badges
- Understand the functions of major and minor badges
- Use the Health major badge
- Use the Risk major badge
- Use the Efficiency major badge
- Use the Operations tab to navigate to details
- Analyzing with Heat Maps
- Work with predefined and custom heat maps through the Analysis tab
- Working with Smart Alerts
- Configure and use smart alerts
- Set up email notifications
- Working with Capacity Planning and Reports
- Schedule, use, and export predefined capacity management reports
- Perform what-if analyses
- Installing and Configuring VMware vCenter Operations Manager
- Understand and meet preinstallation requirements
- Install vCenter Operations Manager
- Configure vCenter Operations Manager to gather data from its environment.
- VMware vCenter Operations Management Suite Update
- Discuss the VMware management suite solution and products
- List the key components and capabilities of vCenter Operations Management Suite
- Describe the main features available in each of the vCenter Operations Management Suite products and editions.
- VMware vCenter Operations Manager v5.6 Changes
- Discuss configuration of policies and groups
- Identify basic use cases and benefits from using policies and groups
- Make changes to the vCenter Operations Manager 5.6 configurations
- Explain changes to badges, metrics, and reports in version 5.6 of vCenter Operations Manager.
- Integration with Other VMware Products
- Identify use cases for the integration of additional vCenter Operations Management Suite products
- Discuss integration with vCenter Operations Manager for group management
- Learn about new dashboard badges in vCenter Operations Manager.
VMware vSphere Recovery Manager Install, Configure, Manage [v5.8]